1. Clean a crushed sand filter by back flushing water through the system on a regular basis (about once a month). Your system’s pump station will come with instructions on how to reverse the water flow to clean the debris from the filter.
2. Replace the sand in a crushed sand filter completely every three to five years, depending on the amount of use the pool gets during each season and the kinds of large airborne contaminants your filter encounters.
3. Replace the diatomaceous earth in a diatomaceous earth filter two or three times a year to make certain the grid-structured system filter is working at maximum efficiency.
4. Rinse a modern enhanced cartridge filter in the sink when the pressure gauge on your pump begins to show a rise in pressure of 10 or more lbs., and then place it back into the unit.
5. Replace the cartridge of these modern enhanced filters every two to three years. You’ll know it’s time to replace the filter when the pressure doesn’t go back down to the normal range; it has become clogged with hard deposits that cannot be rinsed out.
If you need help with your pool, feel free to give us a call at 480-222-0895.